iON launches Next-Gen Air Pro 3 Wi-Fi POV action camera
In POV camera news, iON has just released their latest and greatest: the iON Air Pro 3 Wi-Fi wearable HD video camera, the third generation of its flagship Air Pro line of cameras.
This camera maintains many of the qualities of its predecessors,namely Wi-Fi connectivity for shooting and sharing videos, but brings to the table new features such as superior light sensitivity and dynamic range for better videos even in challenging conditions, plus 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second and a custom-designed lens delivering optimal field of view. Finally, iON has toughened up the body of the camera, enabling it to be used underwater at depths to 49 feet.
In addition to the new camera, iON also announced the addition of three new mounts including an FCS mount, rollbar mount and head strap and goggle mount.
“We designed the Air Pro 3 Wi-Fi to be best in class. It builds upon the great features of the earlier Air Pro models, with better image quality in a wider variety of conditions, plus a new, ultra-tough body that will withstand the most demanding environments,” said Giovanni Tomaselli, CEO, iON America. “I’m proud of the strides we’ve made, in just a little over a year, in a competitive market. The Air Pro 3 will take us one step further in inspiring the Shoot/Share revolution.”
More info provided by iON, below:
MOORESTOWN, NJ, October 30, 2013 – iON America, the company that brought Shoot/Share™ Wi-Fi connectivity to point-of-view (POV) cameras, today unveiled its third-generation iON Air Pro wearable, high-definition (HD) video camera. The iON Air Pro 3 Wi-Fi offers powerful, new features designed to make it easier for users of all kinds—athletes, videographers and amateurs alike—to capture and share high-quality video and still images. It retains the compact size, light weight and fully-waterproof design that have made Air Pro cameras so popular over the past year.
The company also announced new mounting options that extend the versatility of iON cameras, allowing secure, hands-free use in a wider range of environments.
Designed for professionals and consumers alike, the aerodynamic iON camera line features a number of significant industry firsts, including Wi-Fi connectivity and free cloud storage. The unique iON PODZ™ system—thin, circular discs that attach to the back of the basic camera, adding virtually no weight or volume—extends the capabilities of the iON camera lines. The Wi-Fi capabilities of the iON Wi-Fi PODZ work with the iON app for iOS and Android devices, allowing users to control camera functions and settings, preview the scene before shooting, instantly replay recordings, and immediately upload footage to Facebook, YouTube and other social networks.
The new Air Pro 3 Wi-Fi records HD video up to 60 frames per second at 1080p, with dual streaming to enable users to simultaneously “shoot and share” their recordings. A new, 12-megapixel image sensor offers up to 4000×3000-pixel still-image resolution with superior light sensitivity and wider dynamic range, even in challenging low-light situations. The camera’s “anti-shake” feature minimizes the effects of vibration for crisper images, and its built-in microphone is equipped with noise reduction to minimize the effects of wind and other distracting sounds on the audio track.
Additional new features of the Air Pro 3 Wi-Fi include extra-long, 2.5+-hour battery life, plus a custom-made, fog-free lens with improved light transmission for top-quality videos and stills, and a 160-degree angle of view that can be customized for tighter 140- or 150-degree angles using the iON iOS or Android app. While retaining the sleek, cylindrical shape of the previous Air Pro models, the camera casing is redesigned and boasts improved underwater capabilities up to 49 feet, with no outer housing required. The addition of a pro-grade metal ¼” tripod screw mount assures stability when used with conventional mounting systems.
Like its predecessors, the Air Pro 3 Wi-Fi offers these exceptional features:
· One-click capture: Easy to use, with intuitive controls and vibrating confirmation when starting or stopping recording
· Auto Rotation G-Sensor: Automatically adjusts image when camera is tilted
· CamLOCK system: Allows you to tilt or swivel camera without removing camera from mount
· Modular Wi-Fi PODZ (included with the Air Pro 3 Wi-Fi): Enables speedy, wireless uploading and sharing of videos and stills, without adding excess weight to the camera or requiring extra accessories
· iOS and Android apps allow use of phones or tablets to start, stop and pause camera recording, change camera shooting modes, transfer files from camera to phone for easy uploading, check battery life, and more
· Built-in microphone: In addition to the noise-reduction feature, the Air Pro 3 also includes 3.5mm audio-in jack, enabling use of accessory microphones for optimum audio quality
· Multi-Region AC adapter: Comes standard with camera
The new additions to the iON mounting system are:
· iON FCS Mount: Makes it easy to secure iON cameras to any board (surf, snow, paddle, wake, etc.)
· iON Rollbar Mount: Designed for use in motorsports, the new Rollbar Mount can withstand high speeds and vibration
· Head Strap and Goggle Mount: Enables hands-free use of iON cameras for a wide variety of sports and other applications