So-Gnar Shred Circuit finals at Winter Park
Please join us this weekend for the So-Gnar Shred Circuit finals at Winter Park Colorado this Saturday, April 7th. There will be the Shred Circuit last chance Qualifier, and then the Shred Circuit finals. The day will also feature a FREE performance by Michal Menert of Pretty Lights Music, local Hip Hop artist Input, and DJ A-ray.
The Shred Circuit is a 12-stop amateur creative contest series that was NEW for the 2011-2012 season. Each stop was a 1-day contest in conjunction with SO-GNAR’s Mighty Midwest Snowboard Camp Tour.
“The Shred Circuit is all about having 100% fun while snowboarding” says founder and professional snowboarder Pat Milbery. “We have been hosting community based snowboard camps for the past 5 years at resorts all over the country and we have noticed the absence of creative, good energy through large groups of kids snowboarding together” Milbery says, “The Shred Circuit is a great outlet for the next generation of snowboarder’s to expand the creative limits of snowboarding with their friends and receive national exposure!”
The contest features include unique custom jib features, presented by the Tour Sponsors that will be set-up to cater to all ability levels. The heats will be broken down into 25 riders per heat with a total of 15 minutes to hit as many of the features as time allows. The top 3 of each heat will advance into a final 20-minute jam together with prizes awarded to the top 3 riders. Judging, by the pro’s will be based upon the rider’s style, creativity, attitude and consistency through a session style format. 12 of the finalists placed first at their respective Shred Circuit heat across the country and were flown out to Colorado to compete in the finals courtesy of Zumiez.
*On Saturday, the morning of the Finals, there will be a last chance qualifiers round that is open to any snowboarder. The top 4 riders will qualify for finals later that day. Pre-Register online @ (so-gnar.com/mightymidwest) to compete for a chance to get into finals and ride with the other 12 qualifiers.
Schedule of events:
- 8:30 am – 10 am – Shred Circuit Qualifier registration
- 10 am – Introduction of event & course inspection for all competitors
- 10:15 – 10:45 – Open practice on course for all competitors
- 11 am – 12 pm – Open Qualifiers for 2 qualifying spots into Finals (Jam Format)
- 11am – 11:30 – Heat 1 (Jam Format)
- 11:30 am -12 pm – Heat 2 (Jam Format)
- 12 pm – 12:30 – Break for Lunch & course maintenance by WP park crew
- 12:30 – 1 pm – Practice for all Finals Competitors, *2 qualified names announced
- 1:15 pm – Riders meeting for all Finalists
- 1:30 pm – 3 pm – Finals (12 am qualifiers, 12 pros, 2 qualifiers) -Open Jam Session
- 3:30 pm – Winners Announced, Prizes awarded and a BIG thank you to all competitors & to Winter Park Resort