Win a Breckenridge Vacation for Five in Honor of Ullr Fest 50th Anniversary
BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. – The Breckenridge community will celebrate Ullr Fest’s 50th anniversary Jan. 6-12, 2013 with a week-long party paying homage to Ullr (pronounced Ooo-ler), the Norse god of snow. In honor of the golden anniversary, Breckenridge is giving away an all-expenses-paid trip to the 2013 Ullr Fest for five people; to enter the contest guests must submit a photo that demonstrates how they celebrate snow.
The 50th annual Breckenridge Ullr Fest includes a notorious Main Street parade, Ullympic competitions, town bonfire, a new family night and more. RSVP on Facebook for schedule updates; email firstname.lastname@example.org for parade entry and Ullympics participation.
· Sunday, Jan. 6 – Crowning of the Ullr King and Queen: Toast to 50 years of fun with free beer and live music by The Luv Brothers. New location for 2013 – Breckenridge Riverwalk Center, 150 W. Adams Ave. FREE
· Monday, Jan. 7 – Family Night (new): Bring the kids for Nordic skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating, indoor activities and a family-friendly bonfire at the Gold Run Nordic Center on Tiger Road. FREE
· Tuesday, Jan. 8 – Ullympics: Partake in wild events such as the frying pan toss, group ski racing and ski boot relay. FREE
· Wednesday, Jan. 9 – Ullr Dating Game: Join local radio station KSMT and all the great singles in town for Breckenridge’s 21+ version of the Dating Game. To apply to be a bachelor/bachelorette, call KSMT at 970-453-2234 ext. 20. FREE
· Thursday, Jan. 10 – Ullr Fest parade and town bonfire: The centerpiece of the week, the Ullr Fest parade showcases Breckenridge’s style of wild winter fun – past floats have included dogsled teams, hot tubs, a mobile ski jump and more. A town bonfire and fireworks follow the parade. FREE
· Friday, Jan. 11 – Comedy night: Comedy Works comics descend on Breckenridge for a night of big laughs. Comedians TBA
· Saturday, Jan. 12 – Chilly Chili Cookoff: Chili experts showcase their best at the Riverwalk Center, 150 W. Adams Ave., in a grand tasting event. Ticketing TBA
Visit GoBreck.com for event updates and details as they become available.
Ullr Fest lodging: Receive 25 percent off four nights or more with Breckenridge Central Reservations – visit GoBreck.com or call 800-Go-Breck (800-462-7325) to book.
Ullr Fest history: The tradition started in 1963, when locals wanted to thank Ullr for Breckenridge’s average of 300 inches of snow each winter. The first few years of “Ullr Dag” (Ullr Day in Norwegian), townsfolk honored Ullr with gold coins, parties and skiing. Some Ullr traditions