Aspen/Snowmass announces pass program for 2013-2014 season, loaded with more than $1,000 in added benefits
Aspen/Snowmass, Colo., August 8, 2013 – Aspen/Snowmass announces season pass structure and pricing for the 2013-2014 season. Passes will go on sale Monday, August 12. The Premier Pass is loaded with more than $1,000 in added benefits including 50 percent off tickets at all Mountain Collective resorts.
“It’s hard to believe that another winter season is just around the corner, but the entire team at Aspen/Snowmass is already gearing up to welcome you back to the mountains,” says David Perry, senior vice president, mountain division, Aspen Skiing Company. “We are pleased to be able to offer more added value to the Premier Pass than ever before yet keep it priced lower that it was in 2007-08. We also hope you will be able to experience one or more of the Mountain Collective destinations at 50 percent off with your Premier Pass.”
The Premier Pass, providing unlimited skiing/riding on all four mountains with no blackout dates, is loaded with more than $1,000 in added benefits, and costs just $1,649 in the Super Early Season. The Premier Chamber Pass for area businesses is just $1,199 in the Super Early Season. The Premier Pass is also available at senior (65-69), youth (13-17), child (7-12) and silver (70+) rates. As always, children six and under ski for free.
The Double Flex Pass and Flex Pass cost $1,329 and $899 respectively in the Super Early Season (or $1,049 for the Double Flex Chamber and $779 for the Flex Chamber). The Double Flex offers two days of skiing/riding each week of the winter season (21 weeks) and the Flex Pass offers one day each week on all four mountains plus the flexibility to add days any time for 50 percent off the 1-day, in-resort rate. Direct-to-lift access is available for flex days. Double Flex and Flex Passholders also receive discounts on summer lifts. Weeks begin on Monday and end on Sunday and unused days may not be carried over.
The Escape Silver Pass for seniors 70 and over will return and is just $229, offering pay-as-you-go access with direct-to-lift options to all four Aspen/Snowmass mountains for just $24 per day and discounts on summer lift access.
Most Added Benefits Ever for Premier Passholders
The Premier Pass provides unlimited skiing and riding at all four mountains during the winter season as well as access on summer lifts at both Snowmass and Aspen Mountain plus discounts on summer Bike Snowmass tickets. Benefits include:
• Four (4) Friends and Family Discount Lift Ticket Vouchers – Good any time during the 2013-2014 winter season, each valid for 50 percent off a one-day in-resort ticket.
• Four (4) Friends and Family Discount Ski and Snowboard School Vouchers – Good any time during the 2013-2014 winter season, each valid for 50 percent off a one-day adult group lesson or performance coaching session, offering guests nearly $300 of savings.
• New this year: Passholder 20 percent off Restaurants Before Noon: Aspen Mountain-Sundeck; Aspen Highlands-Merry-Go-Round; Buttermilk-Bumps and The Cliffhouse; Snowmass-Elk Camp, Lynn Britt Cabin, Sam’s Smokehouse, Two Creeks Café, Ullrhof and Up 4 Pizza. Discount applies only for passholder on food purchases. Must be seated by 11:45 a.m. at Sam’s Smokehouse and Lynn Britt Cabin. Cloud Nine excluded. Onetime 20 percent discount at the following restaurants: Limelight Lounge, Ajax Tavern and element 47, Cloud 9, Gwyn’s High Alpine, and Bonnie’s (a onetime redemption at each restaurant for up to four people on food only).
• Discounts on lift tickets at Mountain Collective resorts, five of the Best Destinations in the World – Passholder receives unlimited lift tickets at 50 percent off the one-day in-resort rate for their own use during the 2013-14 winter season at Alta/Snowbird, Jackson Hole, Mammoth, Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows and Whistler Blackcomb.
Additional benefits include:
• Locals Clinics Pass – $111 (a $68 savings) – Unlimited Access to Ski/Snowboard locals clinics.
• Four (4) Friends and Family Discounts on equipment rentals– Four vouchers each valid for 50 percent off a one-day premium/demo ski/snowboard rental during the 2013-2014 winter season (not valid 12/20/13 – 1/5/14 and 2/14/14 – 2/23/14).
• Rental/Tuning discounts for passholder at all Four-Mountain Sports/D&E Ski & Snowboard Shop locations – 30 percent off premium/demo ski & snowboard rentals, 20 percent off ski & snowboard tunes.
• Retail discounts for passholder at all Four-Mountain Sports/D&E Ski & Snowboard Shop
locations – 20 percent off official Aspen/Snowmass merchandise.
• Special pricing on a full-season transferable parking pass – $309 (a $50 savings).
• Discounts on lodging – 25 percent off stay at The Limelight Hotel for the 2013-2014 winter season (valid for a Sunday-Thursday stay, blackout dates apply, subject to availability). Call The Limelight Hotel at 1-877-893-5303 to book your reservation.
•Summer food and beverage discounts.
Offers apply to Premier Adult, Senior, Silver and Parent Passes only. A mailer and letter outlining season pass options and rates was sent to 2012-2013 season passholders. Purchasers are also encouraged to find more information at www.aspensnowmass.com/seasonpass.
All Aspen/Snowmass season pass products will go on sale Monday, August 12, 2013. Passes will be on sale at the Aspen Mountain Ticket Office (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.) and the Snowmass Gondola Ticket Office (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.), online at www.aspensnowmass.com and by phone at 970-923-1227 or 877-282-7736. Chamber pass vouchers must be purchased in person and a voucher from the appropriate Chamber of Commerce must be presented at time of purchase as proof of eligibility. There are three deadlines for individual and Chamber member Premier, Double Flex and Flex pass purchases:
¨ Super Early, which offers the best rates on all season passes, for passes purchased through September 13, 2013.
¨ Early, for passes purchased through November 8, 2013.
¨ Regular, for passes purchased after November 8, 2013 (see attached pricing grid).
All season passes are good for early-and late-season openings. Season passes are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Fraudulent use is subject to fine.
Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen/Snowmass Locals Clinics Pass is available for only $179 by Nov. 8 (just $111 for Premier Passholders with no deadline). This pass allows participation in unlimited locals clinics throughout the season. Dates and locations for locals clinics are available at the Aspen Mountain Ticket Office, the Snowmass Gondola Ticket Office, by calling the Advance Sales & Reservations office at 970-923-1227, or online at www.aspensnowmass.com/localsclinics. NASTAR Season Passes are also available, valid for unlimited runs on both NASTAR courses throughout the season, for just $129.
Classic Passes – Save Big with One of the Most Coveted Ski Passes in North America – 4 and 7-Day Passes Available
4-day and 7-day Classic Passes are back. Classic Passholders can ski or ride for a highly discounted rate and receive discounts on extension days and summer lift access. The Classic Pass cannot be combined with any other pass. Early purchase pricing for all Classic passes is valid through October 13, 2013.
Classic Passes are picture passes and all new passes must be purchased in person. Classic Passes will ONLY be available at select sales in Colorado beginning August 22, 2013. Visit www.aspensnowmass.com/classicpass, call the Classic Pass Hotline 800-525-6200 x4475 or ask at any ticket office for sale dates and locations. 2012-2013 Classic Passholders can renew their Classic Pass online or by phone from August 12 – November 10, 2013.
RF Card – The Smartest Pass Around
The Aspen/Snowmass radio frequency card (RF Card) is more than just a season pass. Here’s a list of all the card’s convenient features:
• Resort Charge: Guest never need to carry cash or credit cards on the mountain again if they securely attach a credit card to their RF card. This card can be used for payment at mountain restaurants*, Four-Mountain Sports/D&E stores and ticket offices. Sign up at any ticket office or online at www.aspensnowmass.com/store.
*Snowmass – Elk Camp, Gwyn’s High Alpine, Lynn Britt Cabin, Sam’s Smokehouse, Two Creeks Café, Ullrhof & Up 4 Pizza – Aspen Mountain – Ajax Tavern, Aspen Mountain Club, Bonnie’s, Limelight, element 47 & Terrace Bar at The Little Nell & Sundeck – Aspen Highlands – Cloud Nine & Merry-Go-Round – Buttermilk – Bumps & The Cliffhouse.
• Track Your Stats: Guests can find out the number of days they’ve skied/snowboarded, number of runs skied and vertical descent by logging into the Aspen/Snowmass app called LivePass.
• Direct-To-Lift Access: Double Flex, Flex, Escape Silver and Classic passholders can skip the ticket office and go straight to the lift when using a flex, validation or an extension day.
Season and Classic passes are nontransferable and nonrefundable for any reason. For information on how to cover your season pass investment, go to www.travelguard.com/aspenskiingcompany or contact Travel Guard Customer Service at 877-828-6720.
Operating dates for the 2013-2014 winter ski season are: Snowmass and Aspen Mountain, Nov. 28, 2013 – April 20, 2014, Aspen Highlands, Dec. 14, 2013 – April 13, 2014 and Buttermilk, Dec. 14, 2013 – April 6, 2014.
*Chamber passes may only be purchased by local businesses that belong to a Roaring Fork Valley Chamber of Commerce.
**Must be 24 years of age or younger and enrolled in an accredited four-year college to purchase.
2013-2014 Pass Rates
Jonathan Glass is the Online Editor at Snowboard Magazine. If he says he is going snowboarding it means he's at après, early.
Take Snowboardmag.com with you everywhere you go. Download the refined version 2.0 of our iPhone and iPad app for easy access to the latest news, photos, videos, snow reports, gear reviews, games and more.