The Meeting 8: Panel topics and speakers announced
The panel topics and more speakers have been added to the lineup for the eighth year of The Meeting presented by GoPro, happening in Aspen, Colo., September 27 –29.
The Meeting, Colorado’s premier snow film festival, features 10 of the latest ski and snowboard films serving as the foundation for a weekend of panels, speakers, networking, music, art, and fun. The event includes a one-day conference on Friday, September 28th with three individual sessions that allow for discussion and networking. The speakers create a compelling line-up that brings outside perspective to facilitate thought-provoking discussion around growing business.
The three panel topics are as follows:
- Content Distribution: The changing landscape of publishing in a digital world. What does it take to get your content distributed, get clicks and drive ROI?
Brendan Gahan, Danny Grant, Nick Hamilton
- Brand Building: Creating non-endemic brand relationships in niche markets. How do big brands connect with a small passionate niche and how do the content creators bring in the big brands?
Jill Kinney, Greg Lucia, Scott Mellin
- How to Build an Audience: the age of the individual Influencer is upon us. Social vehicles have enabled the individual creator to reach millions of people like no other time in history.
Gary Arndt, Alex Hillinger, Chase Jarvis, Robert Scoble
The panelists will be:
- Gary Arndt (http://everything-everywhere.com, @everywheretrip) – The web's most influential Independent travel writer, photographer and speaker.
- Brendan Gahan (http://mekanism.com, @brendangahan) – Director of Social Media at Mekanism. He is the man behind successful online marketing campaigns. *
- Danny Grant (http://www.theorchard.com, @orchardsports) – As General Manager of The Orchard Sports he works directly with filmmakers and brands to help syndicate and monetize their premium content world-wide.
- Nick Hamilton (http://snowboarding.transworld.net, @hamiltonick) – Content Director at Transworld Snowboarding *
- Alex Hillinger (http://www.goodchemistry.com, @goodchemist) – A lover of all things creative, Alex collaborates with designers, artists, filmmakers, scientists and entrepreneurs with an aim to make positive changes in the world.
- Chase Jarvis (http://www.chasejarvis.com, @chasejarvis) – Well known as a visionary photographer, director, and fine artist with a consistent ambition to break down barriers between new – and traditional media, fine – and commercial art.
- Jill Kinney (http://www.gatorade.com, @smallsjk) – Director of Gatorade Branded Entertainment & Influencer Marketing *
- Greg Lucia (http://www.saatchi.com, @saatchi_sisomo) – Director of Brand Integration at Saatchi & Saatchi.
- Scott Mellin (http://www.factorylabs.com, @scottmellin) – Founder and CEO of Factory Design Labs
- Robert Scoble (http://scobleizer.com, @scobleizer) – The web's most influential gear and technology blogger. He's a gadget lover, a technology savant, a Silicon Valley insider and author.
The conference, activities and industry happy hour will only be accessible to those registered for The Meeting pass. Information on the conference speakers and registration is available by visiting www.aspensnowmass.com/meetingreg. A full event pass is $250 prior to 9/22, $300 after 9/22. Individual movies and music tickets are available through Wheeler & Belly Up box offices – Prices range from $10 – $35.
Event Pass Includes:
- Industry Conference Session Day (Sept 28) with lunch and closing happy hour
- Go-cart Racing (Sept 29)
- Guaranteed entry to 10 of the latest released ski and snowboard films
- Ticket for 2 nights of music at the Belly Up (Stephen Marley & Brit Floyd)
- Opening party at Sundeck on top of Aspen Mountain
- Complimentary drinks at all movies, music and opening party
- Bike rentals and gondola foot passenger tickets
- Event gift bag
For movie trailers and event information visit www.aspensnowmass.com/themeeting.
The Limelight Hotel will once again be the official headquarters for The Meeting. A special $198.25/night room rate is available for guests of the event. To book, call 1-800-433-0832 and reference “The Meeting.”