The 2014 Freeride World Tour has announced that the tour's Revelstoke stop, which was supposed to kick off the tour this December, has been rescheduled for March 10, 2014.
The 2014 Freeride World Tour has announced that the tour’s Revelstoke stop, which was supposed to kick off the tour this December, has been rescheduled for March 10, 2014, now acting as the tour’s final stop. Though Revelstoke is currently enjoying the best opening it has ever had, the resort and the Freeride World Tour have decided to delay the contest due to unsuitable competition conditions, and the risk of avalanche conditions.
First and foremost, FWT is committed to providing a safe and quality environment for their athletes, and this is their primary motivation for changing the contest dates.
REVELSTOKE STOP NEW DATES:
Arrival March 9
Contest window: March 10-15 (For athletes)
Contest date for public: March 10
First Accomodation provided by FWT: Sun., March 9, 2013
• The Revelstoke stop, which was originally scheduled for December 18, 2013 has now been moved to March 10, 2014.
• Due to considerable avalanche rating in the backcountry, the December dates for the Freeride World Tour have been rescheduled to March 10, 2014. The competition venue known as ‘Mac Daddy’ face is in the backcountry outside of the resort.
• The early season skiing/riding inbounds at Revelstoke Mountain Resort is exceptional – best opening since 2007.
• First and foremost, FWT is committed to providing a safe and quality environment for our athletes.
• The weather forecast calls for sunny excellent skiing conditions, but not the warm humid snowy conditions we need on the venue face.
• The new dates in March offer great benefits for the competition moving forward. Revelstoke continues to be one of the most favorite stops of fans and athletes alike, and we look forward to returning in March.