Snowboard Mag is seeking a Content Producer to bring bold ideas to snowboardmag.com. You will be responsible to help guide the editorial direction of the website, social media, newsletters, branded content, and more. We expect thinking that exits the traditional confines of snowboarding media and explores the culture that surrounds this lifestyle, including: music, art, travel, product, and anything else that you think is relevant to snowboarding. You must be ready for a challenge. You must be eager to celebrate snowboarding and champion this brand.
We want someone with passion to join this team. If you are savvy towards all things digital, social, visual media, and importantly snowboarding, we want to hear from you.
- Post regular stories to snowboardmag.com including: interviews, product editorial, videos, editorial, etc.
- Manage workflow for contributing (non-staff) writers & photographers, etc.
- Work directly with the Online Editor to ensure a consistent content flow to Snowboard Mag’s social media channels, including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
- Conceptualize new editorial initiatives to grow the Snowboard Mag brand
- Implement a content strategy to increase traffic to snowboardmag.com
- Work directly with the sales team to develop content strategies for partners
- Travel to trade shows, events, editorial assignments, etc.
- 2+ years of related professional experience, preferably in the action sports industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in journalism or a related field
- Experience in photography and/or video production
- Have a passion for and deep knowledge of snowboarding
- Be a proficient writer (examples required)
- Experience developing and editing high-quality written materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to develop creative, strategic digital solutions
- Be in-tune with digital initiatives of both endemic and non-endemic media and brands
- Experience with WordPress
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Experience with the professional use of digital & social media channels
- Experience with Photoshop or other graphics suite; ability to design & create basic graphics
- Demonstrate organizational skills
- Be able to work with a dedicated team in a fast-paced, open environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and versatile, with careful attention to detail as well as sensitivity to planning, deadlines and changing demands
- Commensurate with experience; salary ranges available spanning entry-level up to 2-4 years of experience
- Hours: 40+ hours a week, full-time
- Location: Storm Mountain Publishing office, just outside of Boulder, CO
How To Apply:
E-mail your resume, cover letter, writing examples, past video and/or photo work and links to your social accounts to [email protected]. Be sure to put the words “Content Producer” somewhere in the subject line of your e-mail. Please, no phone calls. We will follow up with you individually via email.